MVA Injury Management Consultant Roster
A Motor Vehicle Accident Injury Management Consultant (MVA IMC) is a resource to a patient/client and their primary healthcare practitioner in the assessment and treatment of sprains, strains and whiplash-associated disorders arising from motor vehicle accidents and treated under the Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols Regulation. In that role, Injury Management Consultants:
- Receive referrals in the appropriate form from a primary healthcare practitioner.
- Assess referred patients/clients through review of health information provided and by conducting a history and physical examination necessary to evaluate the sprain, strain and/or Whiplash Associated Disorder (WAD) injury and its effect on the patient.
- Request and review diagnostic tests deemed necessary to complete the assessment of these injuries.
- Establish diagnosis within the framework of prescribed diagnostic and treatment protocols if these protocols are applicable to the injury.
- Provide a written report to referring practitioner containing findings, diagnosis, and recommendation, if any, for treatment and/or further evaluation.
- Forward copy of report to patient/client's insurance company.
Members on the CCOA’s General Register may apply to be on the MVA IMC Roster if they meet the requirements for either Section A or Section B.
Applicants must be on one of the following specialty registers with the CCOA:
- College of Chiropractic Sciences (CCS)
- College of Chiropractic Orthopaedic Specialists (Canada) (CCOS(C))
- Canadian Chiropractic Specialty College of Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation (CCPOR(C))
Applicants must have a history of providing consultation services with satisfactory outcomes to chiropractic peers and/or third-party agencies (supported by two written references; one must be from a chiropractor).
Members must be engaged in active practice in Alberta and not part of an ongoing disciplinary action.
- Download the MVA IMC Roster Application here.
- Email completed form and any supporting documents to [email protected].