Rules to observe a virtual hearing
1. Once a hearing has started, observers are not allowed entry into the hearing room until a recess is called.
2. Observers must register prior to the hearing and their display name must identify their observer status (Ex: Observer - First Name, Last Name).
3. On the day of the hearing, observers must login prior to the deadline time provided with the Zoom link. If an observer logs in after that time, they will remain in the waiting room until the Hearings Director can admit them during the next recess.
4. Observers are permitted in the waiting room and will have limited access to the hearing room.
5. Observers must not use cameras or recording devices, including cellphones, during the hearing to capture any portion of the hearing.
6. Observers are not permitted to address the members of the hearing tribunal (in or out of session) and must remain muted during the proceedings.
7. Use of the chat feature on the video conference platform will be disabled for the entire hearing.
8. Observers’ microphones will be muted for the entire hearing.
9. Observers’ camera will be turned off for the entire hearing.
10. Observers will be placed in the waiting room for the duration of every recess, for any portion of a hearing held in private, and when the tribunal deliberates.
11. If an observer needs to leave the hearing room for any reason while the hearing is in session, they will not be permitted to return to the room until the end of the next recess.
12. Only the registered observer is allowed to use the provided video conference link. Any additional members of the public that would like to attend the hearing must inform the CCOA Hearings Director in advance of the hearing to obtain their own video conference link.
13. If any individuals other than the registered observer are present with the observer, the observer will be disconnected from the hearing room and will not be permitted to return to the room until only the registered observer is present and until the end of the next recess.
14. If the CCOA Hearings Director and/or the hearing tribunal determine that the observer is disrupting the proceedings, the observer will be disconnected from the hearing room and will not be permitted to return until the end of the next recess.